Friday, February 5, 2010

Concept Art assignment for "Introduction to Video Game Production" Class

One of my classes this semester is an elective entitled, "Introduction To Video Game Production." In this class we are learning about creating the art assets that would be used in the creation of a modern video game. This includes the concept art, 3D modeling, texturing, and environmental design... if we have time for it.

Our class was split into groups, each of which had to come up with a concept for a game. The group was then responsible for creating the art assets for its imaginary production.

The group that I landed up being in quickly decided upon a theme of "dinosaurs," since we are all closet dino nerds at heart. It's hard to find a subject that's cooler than dinosaurs, anyway.

Right now we are just beginning to create the concept art. We decided on the main types of dinosaurs that would appear in our game, but not much else. I'm going to be spending all night doodling dinosaur character concepts with my tablet, and I will upload them to this post as I finish them.

I must say this is one hell of a fun homework assignment.

My sketches so far (click for larger image):


2 comments:

  1. These are hard core. Love the triceratops . he looks pisssssed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DINOSAWERS. YEEEEAH.

    Dude I love the colored head in the second one. FEATHERS.

    ReplyDelete